Updated: Jun 23, 2016
Pimms on the patio, canapés on the common, sorbet in the sun… Whatever your tipple this summer, keep active with our list of 5 tip-top Funding Circle businesses.
It’s officially summer! Wimbledon kicks off next week and Andy Murray’s already started the season with a bang, becoming the first man to win the The Queen’s Club title five times.
Still in need of motivation? The world’s most successful business leaders share their secrets to staying in shape, even when they’re busy running a business. It can be tricky finding time in your day to exercise, so the list below features businesses who focus on keeping people active and healthy.
1. Looking for some Zen in your life? Bikram Yoga Leicester, who opened a new studio with their £20,000 Funding Circle loan, offer a wide range of yoga classes, retreats and therapies that are suitable for people of any ability. The company specialise in hot yoga — which is said to improve the circulation of oxygen and nutrients in the body. Or you could try The Yoga Space in Leeds, who used their loan to buy a minibus for transportation to and from their studio. Whether you’re an expert or a beginner, yoga can be an amazing way to keep your body and mind healthy.
2. If you’ve been dreaming of a golf weekend away, Sherdons Golf Centre could be the place for you. The family-run business were able to exercise their long-term marketing plan for their business after borrowing £40,000 from 470 investors. The company is located in the beautiful Gloucestershire countryside and welcomes golfers of all abilities. They have a 9 hole course as well as a clubhouse with banqueting and bar facilities – a great way to finish a long day on the course.
3. Lagoon Watersports offer wakeboarding off the beautiful Brighton coast. The company, who purchased a new wakeboarding cable system with their Funding Circle loan, are experts in water sports. The friendly team offer training for all ages from sailing, paddle boarding and windsurfing in beautiful Brighton and Hove. Take a look at their website for inspiration!
4. Have you always wanted to learn martial arts? KitFit Academy were able to refurbish their new premises after securing a loan of £100,000 in September 2015. The company offer a variety of programmes from kickboxing to karate, suitable for all ages and fitness levels. They specialise in working with children to help them become more focused and confident while educating them on the importance of fitness.
5. And finally, if you’re a thrill seeker and love outdoor sports, Pure Outdoor have some excellent trip ideas. The company, who borrowed £8,000 in order to help purchase a new office for their business, are located in the heart of the Peak District National Park. The strong and experienced team provide UK and overseas courses and activities such as rock climbing, caving, first aid and mountain guiding. A terrific way to keep your year 2016 fresh and exciting!
What would you do with extra finance this summer? We’ve helped more than 16,000 businesses in UK, US, and Europe access finance for a whole range of needs. Apply online in just 10 minutes and you’ll get a decision within 2 working days.
You can also earn great returns whilst also supporting small UK businesses. Create an account online and start lending the same day. Remember, by lending to businesses your capital is at risk.
The Funding Circle team