Please note, these statistics are correct as of 1 April 2014.
- 30,000 active investors registered with Funding Circle
- The average amount an active investor has in their account is £6,000
- Average net return is 6.1%* after fees and bad debt but before tax
- Investors recently exceeded a total lending of £250 million
- £130 million of this total was lent in 2013 alone
- 4,000+ businesses have borrowed via Funding Circle
- More than £20 million lent to small businesses every month
- Average loan amount is approximately £60,000
- Approximately 1.4% bad debt ratio
- The peer-to-peer lending industry is tripling in size each year, and has the potential to become worth over £12 billion per year within a decade according to independent research by Nesta
- The top three platforms alone have already completed almost £1 billion of lending to date and will help lend another £1 billion over the next 12 months
* This is the weighted average return across all investors lending for 180 days or more through Funding Circle over an annualised period. It includes all earnings and is calculated after fees and bad debt but before tax. Investment through Funding Circle involves lending to small and medium sized businesses so your investment can go down as well as up. Remember, past returns are not necessarily a guide to future returns. Data correct as of 19 February 2014. See the full calculation here.